Wedding receptions are one of the most fun parts of a wedding day. The ceremony is behind you, food is being served, and everyone is getting ready to party! But what happens when everything goes wrong? What about when a massive lightning storm rolls through and makes an outdoor reception an indoor? Today you get to see exactly how I filmed a wedding reception that was anything but ideal. In this video I cover:
- The exact audio gear I use for recording reception toasts
- Fun techniques I use to pose a couple after their wedding ceremony
- How I setup my lighting equipment for toasts and dancing
- Angles for incredible reception exit shots
- Ways to make your dancing footage look fun!
And you’ll also get all my camera, lens, aperture, and ISO details listed with every shot I use.
In case you haven’t seen it yet, you can watch Noah and Mal’s wedding film for this Behind The Scenes.
Every single piece of AUDIO GEAR I use when filmmaking.
Special thanks to my friend Paul Bailey for helping out with filming this BTS: Be sure to check out Paul Bailey’s work.
Want to learn to film weddings? I’m now offering one-on-one filmmaker consulting! Check it out!
Signup for notifications about new videos and news from me.
Edited using Adobe Premiere Pro. Download a free trial!
Music licensing sites I recommend:
- Sound Stripe – (use the coupon code “WHOISMATT” for 10% off a yearly or monthly subscription!)
- ART LIST – (free extra 2-months when you subscribe using this link!)
- Filmstro – (use the coupon code “WHOISMATT20_ANN” for 20% off all yearly licenses)
SEND STUFF TO:
PO Box #451602
Garland, TX 75045