Before I talk about this awesome couple, let me just say that I fully support what Pinterest has done for so many weddings and what it will do for future brides. I have seen more creativity and unique looks at weddings this past season than ever before, and I attribute much of it to an easy way for brides to be inspired by others through Pins.
This was my second wedding at the Brookwood Community Chapel, and the venue was just as beautiful as I remembered. I have been really embracing vintage and retro looks for my films lately and Sheridan and Wes catered directly to my tastes. I could tell how uniquely beautiful this wedding would be when I saw Sheridan’s veil and dress. It was really perfect! The entire wedding had a style of its own and I could tell a lot of work went into every little detail.
Filming a wedding at the same venue was an exciting challenge for me because I had to rely on new angles and new ways of approaching my ideas. While the wedding was similar in that it took place in the same location, I know that my team and I succeeded in expanding our variety of shots as well as thinking of new ones. Having new equipment helped, but a new mindset was required as well. For the wedding party photos we took them in the same location as before but with a slightly different time of day and new angles, exposures, and coloring, it looked brand new. This wedding also took place closer to Summer and the longer days with lengthy sunsets really helped. In the year since I have visited Brookwood I also gained a better knowledge of how to tell a story. This all worked together to really push Sheridan and Wes’ wedding to the next level of quality. I’m sure I will have more weddings at Brookwood Community in the future and that is something that I greatly look forward to.
:: Technical Details ::
- Canon 7D // Get one at Amazon.com
- Canon T2i // Amazon.com Page
- Sony HDR-UX1 (backup) // Amazon.com Page
- Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM FLD // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 50mm F1.4 // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 24mm F1.4 // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 16-35mm F2.8 // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 50mm F3.5 Macro // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 70-200mm F2.8 // Amazon.com Page
- indiSYSTEM indiSLIDERmini
- Manfrotto 501HDV Head, 547B Legs – Tripod // Amazon Tripod Head Page // Amazon Tripod Legs Page
- Glidecam HD4000 // Amazon.com Page
- Glidecam Forearm Brace // Amazon.com
- Steadicam //Amazon.com Page
- Manfrotto Fluid Video Head Monopod // Amazon.com Page
- Genus ND Fader Filter // Amazon.com Page
- Xume Adapters
It is a big help to me when you use any of the above product links to Adorama, Amazon, and B&H and when you get anything. It costs you nothing, and helps me keep my site running. I have bought from all of these websites and I highly recommend them for their service, quality, and shipping speed. I recommend them all personally. Interested in having me film your wedding? Please contact me!