Seth and Shawna are one of those couples that perfectly balances each other out. Seth is the loud, funny face making, laughing, starving musician that you can tell probably has a bit of trouble putting on his socks in the morning; while Shawna is a little more down to earth. They go perfectly together, which I think this wedding video illustrates rather well. Last December, my good friend Daniel Karr asked me if I would help him film their wedding at Crystal Springs in Magnolia Texas. I hadn’t heard of Crystal Springs but when I arrived I could see it was a perfect place for an outdoor wedding.
In a stand of trees surrounded by pastures, the wedding guests consisted of friends, relatives, and cows across the fence. One nice touch was the neighbor rancher was burning lumber next to the wedding venue making the air slightly hazy. This led to some phenomenal images captured with my new favorite camera, the Sony FS-100. This camera has all the strengths of a DSLR and none of the weaknesses. I will hopefully be adding one to my collection very soon. The rest of the venue was Pine and Cedar and smelled wonderful. I primarily shot with the Glidecam HD4000 and Kessler Cineslider.
Seth and Shawna’s wedding was truly beautiful and I hope to film at Crystal Springs again in the future.
:: Technical Details ::
- Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM FLD // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 50mm F3.5 Macro // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 70-200mm F2.8 // Amazon.com Page
- Zeiss 35mm 1.4 // Amazon.com Page
- Nikon 70-200mm // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 24mm F1.4 // Amazon.com Page
- Manfrotto 501HDV Head, 547B Legs – Tripod // Amazon Tripod Head Page // Amazon Tripod Legs Page
- Glidecam HD4000 // Amazon.com Page
- Glidecam Forearm Brace // Amazon.com
- Kessler Cineslider
- Manfrotto Fluid Video Head Monopod // Amazon.com Page
- Genus ND Fader Filter // Amazon.com Page
- Xume Adapters
It is a big help to me when you use any of the above product links to Adorama, Amazon, and B&H and when you get anything. It costs you nothing, and helps me keep my site running. I have bought from all of these websites and I highly recommend them for their service, quality, and shipping speed. I recommend them all personally.
Interested in having me film your wedding? Please contact me!