This has been a very busy year for the Kiel family. My friend Emily Kiel, who does all my DVD case design work, and her sister Ellen Kiel both were engaged and married within 5 months of one another. I filmed Ellen’s wedding in July, and Emily’s wedding in November. Please don’t ask me to choose a favorite, because they were both a lot of fun to film.
This blog post is all about Ellen and Jeff’s wedding though, so let’s concentrate on them. They met at their office, when Jeff said hello after overhearing Ellen and a coworker speaking about how Ellen doesn’t like to cook. Jeff, you see, LOVES to cook and he was looking for a woman who would let him cook for her. They hit it off, started dating, and a bit down the road Jeff was ready to propose. Of course he enlisted Emily to help, by making Ellen think they were having a photo shoot complete with cute signs that they would hold right up until he got down on one knee and proposed. Incidentally, you can read all about the proposal and see the photoshoot on Emily’s blog. And if you want even more details, you can read the proposal and Ellen’s own words.
I hope you enjoyed watching Ellen and Jeff’s video, because there’s another Kiel wedding video coming out soon!
Big thanks to Daniel Karr for helping me film this wedding! We shot it with two Sony FS100’s and the footage was beautiful!
:: Technical Details ::
- Canon 50mm F3.5 Macro // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 70-200mm F2.8 // Amazon.com Page
- Zeiss 35mm 1.4 // Amazon.com Page
- Nikon 70-200mm // Amazon.com Page
- Canon 24mm F1.4 // Amazon.com Page
- Manfrotto 501HDV Head, 547B Legs – Tripod // Amazon Tripod Head Page // Amazon Tripod Legs Page
- Glidecam HD4000 // Amazon.com Page
- Glidecam Forearm Brace // Amazon.com
- Manfrotto Fluid Video Head Monopod // Amazon.com Page
- Genus ND Fader Filter // Amazon.com Page
- Xume Adapters
It is a big help to me when you use any of the above product links to Adorama, Amazon, and B&H and when you get anything. It costs you nothing, and helps me keep my site running. I have bought from all of these websites and I highly recommend them for their service, quality, and shipping speed. I recommend them all personally.
Interested in having me film your wedding? Please contact me!