Before I get to the main blog post I have a big announcement to make: I am now offering personal one-on-one hourly filmmaker consulting! Want me to critique your latest wedding film? Need recommendations about cameras, lenses, or lighting? Wanna chat about beard maintenance for an hour? I would love to talk with you, so please get in touch and schedule a consult today.
The first 5 people that signup for consulting can use the coupon code “take100” to get $100 off your first hour of consulting. 🙂
And now, on to your regularly scheduled blog post!
This is a big one. I’m giving all my audio secrets away! For over a year, the most requested topic for me to talk about is audio. Everyone apparently wants to know how I approach recording audio for a wedding film, the exact gear that I use to record the wedding notes, ceremony, and toasts, and how I make everything sound great. Well today is the day that I reveal it all! Strap in for almost thirty minutes of me covering all facets of recording audio for wedding films.
- In this video I will cover:
- Why audio is such a big deal for you and your audience.
- The exact recorders, microphones, cables, batteries, and accessories that I use throughout the entire wedding day.
- Who and what I record during the wedding ceremony.
- All the ways to plug into a sound board.
- How to handle DJs that won’t let you plug into their sound board.
- A foolproof backup that Guarantees(!) that you will record high quality toasts audio.
Below is a full list of the Audio Equipment that I use. You can see this entire list with images and links my Kit page.
🎤 AUDIO GEAR 🎤
- AmazonBasics AA Rechargeable High Capacity
- AmazonBasics AAA Rechargeable High Capacity
- AmazonBasics Battery Charger
- Bluecell Battery Case
As always, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave on below or get in touch.